Even for the average person, our feet take the brunt of our weight all the time, but for a runner, the feet take more force than any other part of the body when running. Our feet are what keep us moving, and they have the ability to make running comfortable, or absolutely miserable. Our feet are essential, but when they blister, crack, callus, or ache, it can slow us down, or even stop us in our tracks completely.
Studies show that one in five runners has reported foot pain over the past twelve months. After the knees, feet are the most frequently injured part of the body. If you are a runner, it is even more important to take care of your foot pain before it gets out of control. Here are our top foot products for runners.
- Blister Care – Blisters are often one of the biggest concerns for runners. Getting a bad blister can throw your training off course, and the speed at which you treat your blisters can have a big impact on your recovery time. If blisters are slowing you down, or you are trying to prevent them, give our blister products a try. We have a variety of options to prevent rubbing and friction on your toes so that you can treat or prevent blisters.
- Moisturizing Gel Heel Socks – The skin on our feet tends to be a bit dry. For runners, this is bad news because it can lead to fissures on the heel where the skin cracks and bleeds. To ward this off, keep your skin soft and moist with our moisturizing gel heel socks.
- Callus and Corn Cushions – Although your calluses may be unsightly, there is a benefit to having them. Repeated friction between your foot and your shoe when running causes calluses that provide a protective surface to guard your feet from blisters and sores on long runs. This means that if your callus isn’t bothering you, you don’t have to treat them. However, calluses and corns can cause a lot of pain when running too. If the latter sounds like you, try one of our callus or corn pads to relieve the pain.
- Arch Supports – If you are feeling pain in the arch of your feet when running, it could signal plantar fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a thick band of tissue that runs from your toes all the way to your heel. If the muscles below this band become weak, the plantar fascia experiences additional stress and inflammation. We have arch supports and pain relief strips to help treat and prevent the pain of plantar fasciitis.
- Toe Spacers – If you suffer from overlapping toes that cause friction, blisters, and small cuts inside of your toes, you might appreciate the pain relief that our wide variety of toe spacers can provide. Whether you like the idea or not, spreading your toes works wonders when running because it spreads the pressure of your weight across your feet which results in less fatigue when running. Whether you are looking for a spacer that will fit between two toes or wanting to spread all of them apart, we’ve got a toe spacer that will do the job. Shop our toe spacers here.
- Ball of Foot Cushions – If you are a runner or just someone that is on their feet a lot, there’s a good chance that you have had discomfort or pain in the ball of your foot. This pain is caused by a condition called metatarsalgia. This is where the metatarsal bones in the ball of your foot become inflamed and irritated and result in pain that can sideline you from your regular running routine. Fortunately, ZenToes has a wide variety of styles of metatarsal pads. From sleeves and gel inserts to gel cushions and disposable metatarsal pads, we have something that will treat and prevent your ball of foot pain.
Of course, sometimes all of the products in the world won’t take away your foot pain. If you are experiencing extreme pain that won’t go away, you may need to see a specialist to treat your pain.