If you have a painful joint on one or more of your toes, typically the one next to your big toe, and the toe points up or curves under rather than lying flat, you may have a hammer toe. This painful condition is actually a deformity that occurs when the muscles of the toe become weak and put pressure on the joints and tendons. This pressure results in a toe that is misshapen. The deformed toe often has a callus or corn on top which can result in even more pain for that toe.
Hammertoes are often the result of poor fitting shoes, overuse of high heeled shoes, injury, or hereditary. People that also have flat feet, high arches, or bunions are also often more susceptible to hammertoes.
While the only actual cure for hammertoes is surgery, there are several non-invasive treatments that can help ease the pain and discomfort. Wearing comfortable shoes, anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy, and products to use and wear for your feet may all help. Below is a list of our top hammertoe products that you may benefit from:
- Triple Loop Hammer Toe Straightener Crest – When your toes start to encroach on one another, overlapping and causing pinching or chafing, it can really affect your stability, comfort, and foot health. In fact, when left untreated for too long, it can begin to damage ligaments and joints in the feet. That’s why we developedZenToes Toe Straighteners and Correctors made with soft, flexible silicone. They slip in between your toes to help keep them straight without causing irritation; and they can even be worn inside your favorite pair of shoes! Designed to properly support both men and women, just put them on to get the proper support you need to walk, run, or move with improved comfort while reducing pain caused by overlapping toes, hallux valgus, and more.
- Hammer Toe Wrap – Hammertoes can make it difficult to keep up with your active lifestyle. The constant bend in the toe can lead to calluses, sores and blisters when you're working out and can make it hard for you to wear your favorite stylish shoes. Surgery can end up causing extreme pain and forcing you to stay off your feet for extended periods of time, making it not the right choice for everyone. With the ZenToes Toe Wrap, you can address the problem of hammer toes without painful, invasive interventions and take a more holistic, gentle approach to pain relief and foot care. The ZenToes Toe Wrap is a thin, flexible sheet that wraps around a hammer toe or broken toe and the toe beside it. Once you fasten the adhesive strip, the wrap stays in place and acts as a toe straightener splint, flattening your toe and correcting its alignment. Unlike a rigid splint, our wrap toe straighteners allow you to still move with ease, so you can complete all of your daily activities.
- Hammer Toe Separator Crest Without Loops – Our zero loop toe crests are designed to separate all five toes while providing cushion and straightening support to sore hammertoes. Each toe separator keeps your toes evenly spaced so they don't rub together causing painful calluses, corns or sore spots. The loopless top provides a low profile that easily fits under socks in most casual, work, dress, or sport style shoes. They can even be used as home pedicure toe separators while you trim or polish your toenails. This pack of four comes with 2 crests for your left foot and 2 for your right foot. The flexible, stretchy gel makes these toe separators the perfect fit for a man or woman. They can easily be trimmed down with scissors if you prefer to separate only 2, 3 or 4 toes. Our gel toe separators are made from medical grade, soft silicone which can be washed, dried and reused over and over, making these foot pain relief products a great value.
- Bunion Toe Separator Wrap – Comfortable, all day support and pain relief for people who suffer from bunions, claw toes, hammertoes, overlapping and crooked toes. The ZenToes bandage wrap is easy to put on and stays in place while wearing shoes or barefoot, although it is best to wear with socks or nylons in tennis shoes, sneakers, dress shoes, high heels, loafers, etc. Now you don’t have to worry about your toe spacer coming loose during your busy day. The perfect solution for everyday use.
- Single Loop Toe Spacer - These individual toe separators give you the freedom to choose where you place them and where you go while they're on your feet. Unlike some toe separators, these fit easily under socks and shoes and can be worn throughout the day. They're made from a latex-free medical-grade gel, each set comes with four pieces, and each piece fits most toes.
- Gel Toe Cap Protectors – Our toe protectors are padded gel tubes that slide right over your painful toe. The flexible design makes them ideal ingrown toenail protectors, corn protectors or hammer toe protectors, making them a universal solution for pain caused by misalignments and tenderness of the toes. Unlike corn cushions that stick on, our toe protectors stay right where you put them to provide reliable, secure protection throughout the day.While the ZenToes Toe Protector prevents rubbing to alleviate pain and help skin heal, the gel material moisturizes and conditions your skin. This boosts the health of the tissue and leaves the skin softer. With their slim design, the toe protectors are undetectable under socks and can be worn with your favorite shoes with ease.
- Gel Cushion Toe Tubes – Our toe tubes come lined with a soft, soothing inner gel pad, cushioning those sore toes of yours with a pleasing silicone gel, protecting your toes from rubbing, blisters, corns and other painful foot ailments. Enjoy calming relief from those painful corns, hammertoes or blisters, thanks to our medical-grade gel cushion with soothing silicone gel to relieve pressure and maximize comfort. Latex-free, they’re allergy friendly and easy to wash and reuse. Once in place, ZenToes Toe Tubes serve as a protective barrier to reduce rubbing from footwear and friction between the toes. As an added benefit, each toe sleeve features a vitamin-enriched gel lining that softens the skin, moisturizes the nails and toes and promotes skin healing. With regular use, the gel toe protector can greatly improve the texture, appearance and health of your toe!